Topic: A Beginner's Guide to Touhou Project V2 (MoF Preparation, SWR Casting)
*** This thread is constantly under construction. That is, until the most recent Touhou game is covered. ***
The following video is something I whipped up to get the message across. This is the first in a series of videos I plan to do that hopefully explains the Touhou series as it is, and what I've picked up from it. I noticed there wasn't one, so... why not? We'll show the newcomers everything they need to know. Pardon the... goofy intro, too.
Why am I showing you, the people that already know about Touhou, this? To put it bluntly, I'm prone to making mistakes. I need your help to catch any of them I might make, so as to not misinform people.
And yes, this is an invitation to play, like my other J-Plays. If you'd like to submit a replay (any character, doesn't matter. Just Normal difficulty, though, unless stated otherwise) that would be appreciated, as I can do commentary over that, discussing music, gameplay mechanics, etc. (I still haven't gotten any better at Fairy Wars. orz) Memes will either be completely ignored or at least explained so that people aren't left in the dark, although memes are annoying to begin with. I'm still debating that one.
If you want to participate in:
The shooters- look at the list below, and post a link to your replay. Normal difficulty only. Make sure you also specify who you used and which game you played, to avoid confusion. DO NOT skip the dialogue- read it as you normally would.
The fighters- record a live session of your game, and add any commentary of your choosing (real-time spoken, post-recording written, etc.). Again, DO NOT skip the dialogue. Once you're done send the necessary files to me via a file-sharing service, preferably Mediafire.
Each game will have multiple parts that I plan to upload simultaneously. This holds especially true for the versus games, which contain a relatively large amount of playable characters.
- Intro and gameplay
- Stage 1 (ReimuB, explain interface, Rumia) (KanakoVoWG)
- Stage 2 (MarisaA, explain music, Cirno) (Fusion?)
- Stage 3 (ReimuA, explain art, Meiling) (KanakoVoWG)
- Stage 4 (MarisaB, explain patterns and spellcards, Patchouli) (Sik-07)
- Stage 5 (MarisaA, "Don't ever give up, my son", Sakuya) (KanakoVoWG)
- Stage 6 (ReimuA, the perp, Remilia) (Fusion?)
- Extra Stage (Marisa, extra stages, Flandre) (PseudoMcNym)
- Intro and new playable Sakuya
- Stage 1 (SakuyaA, explain changes in interface, Letty) (Nan0teck)
- Stage 2 (ReimuB, fan-depictions, Chen) (ZEROGRAVITY-A01!)
- Stage 3 (MarisaA, the Forest of Magic, Cherry+ and CherryMax, Alice) (Sik-07)
- Stage 4 (MarisaB, dialogue, Lily White, the Prismriver family) (Fusion?)
- Stage 5 (SakuyaB, the Netherworld, Youmu, the Konpaku bloodline and Youmu's swords) (Nan0teck) (KanakoVoWG)
- Stage 6 (ReimuA, the perp, Yuyuko, the Saigyou Ayakashi, survival spells) (KanakoVoWG)
- Extra Stage (ReimuA, the difference between watching and playing, Ran) (Fusion?)
- Phantasm Stage (ReimuB, distinguishing Extra and Phantasm, fanmade Phantasms, Yukari) (raak)
- Intro and controls (basic mechanics, spellcards and such. Story branch included)
- Reimu: DeathDruidX (DeathDruidX)
- Marisa: Sour (Sour)
- Sakuya: MassPower (Fusion?)
- Youmu: gon (TailsFiraga)
- Patchouli: Fusion? (Fusion?)
- Alice: gon (gon)
- Remilia: Parodyres (Parodyres)
- Yukari: Inu Kunai (Inu Kunai)
- Yuyuko: Night4ce (Night4ce)
- Suika (Intro included): Fusion? (Fusion?)
- Intro, intro to Spell Practice, Moon theft, and new playables Yukari, Alice, Remilia, Youmu and Yuyuko
- Stage 1 (Scarlet, explain changes in interface, Wriggle, Last Spells) (raak)
- Stage 2 (Yuyuko, joke depictions, Mystia) (Fusion?)
- Stage 3 (Magic, the Human Village, Keine) (Fusion?)
- Stage 4A (Scarlet, the Bamboo Forest of the Lost, fighting a main character?, Reimu (in-depth)) (raak)
- Stage 4B (Youmu, the Bamboo Forest of the Lost, fighting the other main character?, Marisa (in-depth)) (Dodgeball)
- Stage 5 (Border, Eientei, rabbits, Reisen, joke depictions again) (raak)
- Stage 6A (Magic, more than one final boss?, Eirin, sealing the Earth, concepts of impurity, who's that?) (KanakoVoWG)
- Stage 6B (Border, coincidence with sealed doors and the true full moon, Kaguya, the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter and the Five Impossible Requests, the Hourai Elixir and hiding from lunar emissaries, Imperishable Night's End, Last Words) (KanakoVoWG)
- Extra Stage (Border, extra backstory, Keine's transformation, the moon drives people mad, Mokou, relations with Kaguya, how Mokou became immortal as well) (Dodgeball)
- Character Profile: Hieda no Akyuu
- Character Profile: Rinnosuke Morichika
- Character Profile: The Watatsuki Sisters
- Character Profiles: Renko Usami and Maribel Hearn
- Intro, gameplay and new playables Cirno, Tewi, Reisen, Mystia, and Lyrica (Flanp0p, Nan0teck, Fusion?, Carrot, Miruru)
- Character Stats
- Stage 7 (Cirno): Reintro to Yuuka
- Stage 7 (Tewi): Intro to Tewi and Medicine
- Stage 7 (Youmu): Intro to Aya
- Stage 8: (Reisen) Intro to Komachi, the Sanzu River
- Final Stage (Sakuya): Intro to Shikieiki, the Yama, judgment methods
- Extra Mode (Komachi & Eiki, Stages 8 and Final): A Flower Blooming Violet Once Every Sixty Years, the 60-year cycle
- Intro, gameplay and sole playable Aya
- RACE (L1-7, L5-EX?), multiple videos depending on length.
- Intro, faith deficiencies and a request to shut the Hakurei Shrine, only Reimu and Marisa again
- Stage 1 (Marisa-C, explain changes in interface, Shizuha and Minoriko) (Dodgeball)
- Stage 2 (Marisa-B (non-bugged), the Great Youkai Forest, Hina) (Miruru)
- Stage 3 (Marisa-A, it’s dangerous here, Nitori) (Sik-07)
- Stage 4 (Reimu-C, the Youkai Mountain, Momiji, Aya) (DangoBFC)
- Stage 5 (Reimu-B, Moriya Shrine, Sanae) (ZEROGRAVITY-A01!)
- Stage 6 (Reimu-A, the perpetrator and her motives, Kanako) (KanakoVoWG)
- Extra Stage (Reimu-C, another god?, curiosity, the Great Suwa War, Suwako) (KanakoVoWG)
- Intro, differences between SWR and IaMP, story branch
- Marisa: Immac (?)
- Alice: Immac (?)
- Patchouli: kinothewolf (kinothewolf)
- Komachi: Diodetheonewaybastard (?)
- Iku: Fusion? (Fusion?)
- Tenshi: MassPower/SomaPrews
- URL: Completed and uploaded. Enjoy!
- Red: Complete, but not uploaded. Usually due to other videos in the set not being completed.
- Gold: In progress. This usually means the footage from the replay is recorded, and not properly edited.
- Black: On queue. Not recorded.
- Blue: The player.
- Green: The commentator. Usually the same person.
- Zorak's playthrough of the PC-98 games, and EoSD.
- Rising-Grandpa's Touhou thread, picking up where Zorak left off.
- A Touhou Project panel, at Youmacon 2011.
- Another Touhou panel, at Youmacon 2012.
- Yet another Touhou panel at Youmacon 2013.