Topic: Touhou 14 demo at Reitaisai 10/ Full game at C84

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/6969738.html

Discuss.

I'll be attending both events. Anyone else?

Re: Touhou 14 demo at Reitaisai 10/ Full game at C84

I don't understand Japanese. What's that link about?

FDP wrote:

I don't understand Japanese. What's that link about?

It's about what is stated in the title of this thread.

If you need any help/reups hit me up on IRC @ irc.rizon.net/#BiriBiri
http://voile.tomoyo.eu/cirno/astostsig1.jpg

That doesn't answer much. What in the page exactly confirms what's said in the thread title? Maybe it'd be obvious if I understood japanese, but I don't and I'm sure a lot of people on the forum don't either. You could be a little more clear from the start.

Touhou 13.5 hasn't even come out full version and already touhou 14?
that's super fast.

13.5 is done mostly by Tasofro, so ZUN probably had a lot of time to make TH14

As long as someone from the taoist faction becomes playable I'm interested in the game.  Specifically boat bitch.

Keep us posted.

8 (edited by Kanzeon 2013-03-10 09:33:01)

Zeream wrote:

As long as someone from the taoist faction becomes playable I'm interested in the game.  Specifically boat bitch.

Keep us posted.

or Kasen. But yeah I'm looking forward to hearing more news on TH14 as the year goes on.

Edit: I feel like Tokiko should make an appearance as well, maybe s1 boss?

http://puu.sh/bXg0k/21d5d747e3.jpg

If I had to guess, the new Touhou might involve another faction that is more science and technology oriented. I get the feeling that the new fighting game will conclude the recent religion based game arcs.

Kyousuke wrote:

If I had to guess, the new Touhou might involve another faction that is more science and technology oriented. I get the feeling that the new fighting game will conclude the recent religion based game arcs.

This might be awesome... I wont be attending though... ~_~ lots of things i have to attend to here ~_~

The video alongside the article is just over three hours long. Who's gonna find the time to translate that before Reitaisai?

Oh? A new Touhou soon?!
Wow, that really is fast! big_smile
But, hey, every new entry is a good entry, I right?
Well, when exactly is Reitaisai, anyways?
I can't attend. I'm sure of it.... But I'd like to know when to expect the Demo.

http://dic.nicovideo.jp/oekaki/631049.png

Kyousuke wrote:

Uh, I thought the whole point of Gensokyo, and as an extension of that Touhou, was so that all the fantasy stuff that was forgotten in the real world to make way for technology could be "stored away."  It doesn't make much sense if all of a sudden technology and science made their way into Gensokyo.  I mean, I would find it hard to believe that all of a sudden humans started abandoning science and technology.  Unless the borders are breaking down, then everyone is screwed.  Or if humans are invading Gensokyo via technology and science, then, again, everyone is screwed.

IzumiKonato wrote:

Oh? A new Touhou soon?!
Wow, that really is fast! big_smile
But, hey, every new entry is a good entry, I right?
Well, when exactly is Reitaisai, anyways?
I can't attend. I'm sure of it.... But I'd like to know when to expect the Demo.

Its late May I believe.

http://puu.sh/bXg0k/21d5d747e3.jpg

26th of May if I am not mistaken.

In any case, I am rather excited to hear about this myself. And that it won't be that long until the demo comes out.

I am especially looking forward to any new characters who might show up. Comebacks like Yuyuko and Kogasa in TD would be nice, too, but I love having new characters around, and I am admittedly glad enough when veterans are getting story snippets in endings, at least..

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n604/HyperGumba/281fd586090fa21a16e6564998f18428_zps207c8b34.png

16 (edited by Kyousuke 2013-03-10 22:39:54)

Zeream wrote:

Uh, I thought the whole point of Gensokyo, and as an extension of that Touhou, was so that all the fantasy stuff that was forgotten in the real world to make way for technology could be "stored away."  It doesn't make much sense if all of a sudden technology and science made their way into Gensokyo.  I mean, I would find it hard to believe that all of a sudden humans started abandoning science and technology.  Unless the borders are breaking down, then everyone is screwed.  Or if humans are invading Gensokyo via technology and science, then, again, everyone is screwed.

Not exactly. Kanako warns, though it may be a bluff, that Gensokyo is doomed to enter an energy crisis. This is the chief reason why she wants to create a nuclear fusion reactor in former hell via Utsuho, to be the sole provider of energy and thus gain the lion share of faith in Gensokyo. Science based invaders like Yumemi and ironically the Moriya Shrine crew aren't new. Technology exist in Gensokyo, whether developed by the Kappa or forgotten by the outside world and found in Kourindou. Gensokyo does not reject technology. Rather, it's been isolated for so long that it's time locked in Meiji Period Japan, though in the countryside version of it.

Don't forget how heavily entwined technology/science and fantasy elements can get. Torifune is a satellite that became a mini Gensokyo. Most stories about the Ghostly Field Club involves a mixture of scientific understanding and the belief in the supernatural. The two go together in their own, strange way to co-exist in Gensokyo and the Touhou Universe.

Kyousuke wrote:
Zeream wrote:

Not exactly. Kanako warns, though it may be a bluff, that Gensokyo is doomed to enter an energy crisis. This is the chief reason why she wants to create a nuclear fusion reactor in former hell via Utsuho, to be the sole provider of energy and thus gain the lion share of faith in Gensokyo. Science based invaders like Yumemi and ironically the Moriya Shrine crew aren't new. Technology exist in Gensokyo, whether developed by the Kappa or forgotten by the outside world and found in Kourindou. Gensokyo does not reject technology. Rather, it's been isolated for so long that it's time locked in Meiji Period Japan, though in the countryside version of it.

Don't forget how heavily entwined technology/science and fantasy elements can get. Torifune is a satellite that became a mini Gensokyo. Most stories about the Ghostly Field Club involves a mixture of scientific understanding and the belief in the supernatural. The two go together in their own, strange way to co-exist in Gensokyo and the Touhou Universe.

wow doh completely forgot about torifune

still doubt it that its going to revolve technology, but who am I to know

18 (edited by grgspunk 2013-03-11 23:17:40)

【ZUN】東方新作の体験版が博麗神社例大祭で頒布!製品版は夏コミで、タイトルなどは今後公開されるらしい

【ZUN】 A trial version for a new Touhou game will be distributed at the next Hakurei Jinja Reitaisai Fesitval! The commercial (full) version will be released in the following summer comiket, and the title of the game will be made public later in the future.

The title hasn't been announced yet. It's not 100% guaranteed that it will actually be a TH14, as opposed to a TH13.3, TH13.8, etc.

19 (edited by blitzscreig 2013-03-12 04:20:22)

Sweet, another new game for the year! Now we get a new fighter, and maybe a normal shmup. I wonder if it will be directly related to 13.5's story, unless the religious fighting ends there. I kind of doubt that though.

Please let it NOT be a Phantasmagoria game, let it NOT be a Phantasmagoria game, let it NOT be a Phantasmagoria.

Hehe, sorry, but I'm not particularly fond of the whole Vs mode game, specially since I'm the only one who knows how not to die in bullet hell among my friends. A vs game is basically I game I end up not fully enjoying.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2cqy4gh.png
Lulu: VEGGY!!! <3
Veigar: UNHAND ME YOU WOMAN!!!

21 (edited by Maine Coon 2013-03-12 06:34:28)

raak wrote:

Please let it NOT be a Phantasmagoria game, let it NOT be a Phantasmagoria game, let it NOT be a Phantasmagoria.

this man speaks the truth.

also, plz another phantasm game

raak wrote:

Hehe, sorry, but I'm not particularly fond of the whole Vs mode game, specially since I'm the only one who knows how not to die in bullet hell among my friends. A vs game is basically I game I end up not fully enjoying.

I love phantasmagoria games! New phantasmagoria game with all the new lolis would be nice.

tournaments, crazy lunatic match mode! do want!

I had expected a religious war as a phantasmagoria game for TH14 but it seems the plot was already done for 13.5. Or there might be no plot for 13.5 and just finish the whole thing in TH14.

Also obligatory.

Great news, kinda hoping it'll have a partner system similar to IN or SA.

raak wrote:

Yeah, I'd rather not have another one of those, they're fun but not as fun as the usual games.

I'd love a new phantasmagoria game ow0