476 (edited by Zannafar 2013-05-26 19:12:03)

Re: Touhou 13.5: Hopeless Masquerade

Finally found Alice and Yamame in the background. Alice is in the human village on the far right. Yamame is in the palace of the earth spirits on the left side of the ceiling. This leaves only Flandre and Meiling.

Yoshkev wrote:

So I'v been trying Koishi, but the game always crashes at one of her attacks.. I tried running it with AppLocale already and also have the Version 1.01 Patch installed.. Had to install it myself if that helps in any way and the OS is Windows 8

Change your locale to japanese instead of using AppLocale.
AppLocale often doesn't work correctly.

That doesn't work either.. I changed it and restarted the PC, but the same attack crashes the game...

Zannafar wrote:

So yeah...
beating all story modes doesn't seem to unlock Kokoro for some reason.
I already finished her story too, but still no unlock in versus menu.

it should unlock Mamizou's story. then clear with her and it should unlock Kokoro

NinjaFoxX wrote:

it should unlock Mamizou's story. then clear with her and it should unlock Kokoro

Maybe I should make it clearer.
I beat the story modes of all 8 characters. This unlocked Mamizou for vs mode and her story.
Then I beat Mamizou's story which unlocked Kokoro's story, but not for vs mode.
I then beat Kokoro's story, but still did not unlock her for vs mode.

Kokoro seems to not be fully in the game, in her story mode she doesn't even have any skills to use only her default moves. So we're probably waiting on a patch for her to be fully implemented into the game

GigaOne wrote:

Kokoro seems to not be fully in the game, in her story mode she doesn't even have any skills to use only her default moves. So we're probably waiting on a patch for her to be fully implemented into the game

Ah, that might be it. I was wondering about that too.
But damn, that final fight in her story. She seems to be as strong as

SPOILER Show
Watatsuki no Yorihime

The final fight was really fun, shame I couldn't do her LW
Would have been the perfect finisher

483 (edited by Trig 2013-05-26 20:26:26)

Hmm that's a shame, I was really looking forward to trying her out too hmm

But yeah I loved that final fight too, good fun.

484 (edited by likkyzero 2013-05-27 01:57:41)

didnt you mention once that you hated mega? (kinda late i knows)

well anyways this game indeed is great and i dont have to worry about most of the special skills or moves or spell cards anymore.
kinda wish there were more characters in the game though but then again they put nearly all of the character i want in the game in the background... why do i feel like they worked more on the backgrounds than the character roster and i gotta admit the character roster is kinda tiny but its a great roster indeed focusing on 10 and above is a interesting choice other than aiming for the earlier games
though i still want to see the pc-98 characters in a new game but i know they are just old and forgotten (gotta love the final battle in this game its fun)

likkyzero wrote:

didnt you mention once that you hated mega? (kinda late i knows)

its getting better, also i dont wanna use lol5hourDLBaidu

Ok so..except the crashes..and the fact koishi is too OP for a fighting game...how the hell do you even play with koishi?! o.o

487 (edited by TaishiMitsura 2013-05-27 05:56:17)

Has anyone been able to remap key/buttons? The game seems to hate it when i try it.

Edit~ nvm figured it out.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/TaishiMitsura.png

488 (edited by Rando68 2013-05-27 06:09:59)

Yeah, in the main menu, go to profile > 2nd option down > Pick profile > Self-explanatory from there.
o.o/
Edit: Saw a chance to help and didn't read the edit. Saadface. :< I'll go sit in a corner now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mY9dGHh … e=youtu.be

lol

I want to say I love 13.5, but I literally spent half of the fight trying to flight my way to my enemies... only for them to smack me back to where I am

Finished Reimu's story mode, and to be honest, this is the only Touhou game I didn't enjoy (not counting the fanmade of course). The system is interesting, and so are the character roster. But if the flight system continues to be like this (for the next game maybe), I think I can say I won't play any TH fighting game anymore (except 12.3)

RemiliaScarlet wrote:

I want to say I love 13.5, but I literally spent half of the fight trying to flight my way to my enemies... only for them to smack me back to where I am

Finished Reimu's story mode, and to be honest, this is the only Touhou game I didn't enjoy (not counting the fanmade of course). The system is interesting, and so are the character roster. But if the flight system continues to be like this (for the next game maybe), I think I can say I won't play any TH fighting game anymore (except 12.3)

I didn't enjoy this game because i don't understand what the characters said, heh at least I can still play VS com and just waiting for english patch.

My complains about this game
- Futo's legs, her skirt is way too short
- Byakuren's boobs jiggle, heh, I always thought Touhou games are "clean"......
- game crashed when using Koishi rose attack
- Kokoro's design, when I first saw her, I thought she just palette-swapped Yamame
- This game is a bit lagging in my laptop, like when I use Reimu's spell

Still, i hope this game get better.

Here's my Youtube channel, I upload doujin music in it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alek5andrKonstantin

pretty sad..I cant play as koishi without the game crashing...applocale didnt fix it, and chancing locale didnt help either..:C

Aleksandr Konstantin wrote:
RemiliaScarlet wrote:

I didn't enjoy this game because i don't understand what the characters said, heh at least I can still play VS com and just waiting for english patch.

- Kokoro's design, when I first saw her, I thought she just palette-swapped Yamame

Still, i hope this game get better.

The lagging didn't annoy me as much as I expect it would be, and as for language, I can get some of the story but still need to wait for english patch just to make sure https://i.imgur.com/Km66nQG.gif

this is a complaint? i say, finally

Tomion wrote:

Ok so..except the crashes..and the fact koishi is too OP for a fighting game...how the hell do you even play with koishi?! o.o

When you play as Koishi, there are three icons next to her spirit bar, a fist, a wave and a big ball thing in the center. Those correspond to, respectively, strong melee attacks, danmaku attacks, and special attacks.

When you try to use one of those moves, the corresponding icon will glow and blink, and once it stops blinking it will activate if y0u meet the right conditions. What those are is up to you to find out, but in some cases it's not that complicated. For example, she has a special attack that envelops the enemy in a flower bud, that always tends to trigger during a melee combo or when you're right in front of the opponent.

I hope that wasn't too confusing xP

Okay now that I've played through most of the story modes and done a fair few vs computer games:

Miko, Marisa and Ichirin are amazing
Nitori seems pretty damn awful
The music is great, especially liking Futatsuiwa from Gensokyo
Kokoro is creepy as hell

http://i.imgur.com/XqOks4K.jpg

http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/DSsig.gif

497 (edited by Purin 2013-05-27 14:30:24)

How in the hell does this game work?
Are there any movelists on the wiki or something? Because every time I hit a button, a different attack happens and it's confusing the hell out of me.

On a side note, here are all the character sprites ripped from the game, thanks to 4chins

http://www.tinygif.com/data/media/1/1345101655836.gif

Yes... even in practice mode I'm surprised on what random crap I can do. Especially Koishi... does she literally unleash attacks subconsciously? The only char I can get so far aside from the initial 3 is Futo.,. damn those awesome reflective plates... and somewhat Byakuren.
---
Wiki / guide plz hmm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/SatoriSig1.jpg

499 (edited by Aleksandr Konstantin 2013-05-27 14:58:08)

a really nasty fart wrote:

Magnius wrote:

In fanworks, that's okay. In games? Nah, i prefer my Touhou clean, thank you.
BTW, Byakuren has a glitch in Practice Mode. She move back and forth in place endlessly
like this :

Here's my Youtube channel, I upload doujin music in it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alek5andrKonstantin

a really nasty fart wrote:

Magnius wrote:

In fanworks, that's okay. In games? Nah, i prefer my Touhou clean, thank you.
BTW, Byakuren has a glitch in Practice Mode. She move back and forth in place endlessly
like this :

It's all about the mindgames man

http://www.tinygif.com/data/media/1/1345101655836.gif