Re: [M3-39] Music Discussion Thread

I should just switch to MelonBooks instead of adding to order from Diverse Direct.

So I'm not the only one-- My package simply lost its tracking when it left off Japan. DD started the package investigation, but things look dim....

Mine is tracking true so far.  I guess I've been lucky with DD as I've never had any problems other than 1 CD having a broken case (CD itself was fine).  I also avoided the zip code fiascoes last year as well.  I wonder why problems seem constant for some and non-existent for others.

29 (edited by Ferrose 2017-05-15 15:47:45)

Treacle wrote:

I don't mind remix albums that much. Sure, it may signify a lack of ideas, but at least every song is somewhat different from the original. Sometimes it's even fun to compare the different versions.

The other two types you mentioned are uninteresting for long-time fans, but compilation albums are at least nice in two situations:
(1) A complete compilation album (or a set of complementary compilation albums) provides a convenient way to get the circle's discography (at least up to a certain point)
(2) Themed compilation CDs, e.g. "<vocalist> Compilation" or "<style> Compilation". They're great if the circle likes to vary its vocalists/styles/whatever, but you only like one of them and don't want to buy their normal CDs when you'll probably dislike most of its tracks anyway.

Best-of albums just annoy me. My opinion of what constitutes the "best" tracks rarely matches that of the artists.

Oh, and I hate it when compilation/best-of albums contains exclusive songs. It's basically saying "oh, you've been a loyal fan from the start and already own all of these songs? TOO BAD! You're not getting this exclusive song unless you buy a CD just for it!"

Lost Garden's M3 album is a compilation of itm songs with a couple new, exclusive tracks on it, which does kind of suck, but I'm a huge sucker for itm's music so I bought it anyway (even though I already have all the "old" songs from buying their previous albums).

Just anecdotal, but I've ordered from Diverse Direct about 8 times, and never had an issue, though the last time I ordered from there was M3-37.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z61/Battlejaw/Chibirobosig.png

Ferrose wrote:

Just anecdotal, but I've ordered from Diverse Direct about 8 times, and never had an issue, though the last time I ordered from there was M3-37.

Well, they made it right and I got the correct CDs today plus they combined it with my second order, so good on them.

Just got back from DD through e-mail.
If my package is determined lost, DD will resend the package, which actually is very nice of them.

This I don't mind waiting for a bit longer.

Hakkin wrote:

It's surprising how bad Diverse Direct seems to handle shipping stuff. How can they make so many errors.

Imagine being ONE GUY and getting 10,000+ orders four times a year all at once.  It's like that.

Maybe if they're getting that many orders, they should get more people to help package them?
Being 1 person isn't really an excuse for messing up so many orders anyways, if they were processing orders properly, there really shouldn't be many ways to mess up.
You look at an order, you put those CDs in a box, you print out a label with the persons name and address as it's entered on the site (ie: with the zip code, if they included one), and ship it. There's really not a ton of room for error in this on the shipper's end, even when you're shipping thousands of things. Any errors would basically have to come from the user, at which point it's not really the shipper's fault.

10,000 orders? Wouldn't there be a lot of people buying CDs by actually being at the event? And seeing how prompt email responses I'm getting, it's hard to believe the packaging and shipping is done solely by one person. Even if it was done in one person, I believe managing orders are now well-automated too, so margin of error should be really really thin.

Hakkin wrote:

Maybe if they're getting that many orders, they should get more people to help package them?
Being 1 person isn't really an excuse for messing up so many orders anyways, if they were processing orders properly, there really shouldn't be many ways to mess up.
You look at an order, you put those CDs in a box, you print out a label with the persons name and address as it's entered on the site (ie: with the zip code, if they included one), and ship it. There's really not a ton of room for error in this on the shipper's end, even when you're shipping thousands of things. Any errors would basically have to come from the user, at which point it's not really the shipper's fault.

Yeah, I imagine some people are stubborn like that.  They figure they can do it all themselves until they're totally overwhelmed.  I'm not like that at all >.>