Topic: Anyone have problems with buydoujin.com?

I decided to try buydoujin.com because I know a lot of people here use it. I preordered 3 Reitaisai 14 albums with EMS (3-6 day) shipping to USA.. On 5/15 they sent me a ship confirmation with a tracking number. I went to the Japan Post EMS website to track the package, but the site tells me that the tracking number is invalid. It's now nearly 4 weeks later and nothing has arrived.

I sent 3 emails to the buydoujin. One was a contact form submission, one was a direct email, and the other was through a PayPal dispute inquiry. I have not gotten a response at all. The site claims to provide English support, but I wonder if that's really the case. I have now escalated the PayPal dispute so they will look it over and hopefully give me a refund.

Is this a typical experience? It seems extremely odd for a business to behave like this. Does anyone perhaps know an operator of the site and can talk to them on my behalf?

Re: Anyone have problems with buydoujin.com?

Inconclusive, but they decided not to accept my payments at all through Paypal. The last time I bought from then, items arrived fine, but the last month I've been having the same experience: unresponsive support, items not shipped, Paypal payment not accepted.
Since you have placed a claim with Paypal, keep at it. In my case, my last order is stuck in authorization even though the BuyDoujin Paypal account has declined to accept payment, so all I'm left to do is wait.

Signature image too large. Please read the image rules. - Staff

My order also didn't arrive, it probably wasn't even sent out.
I have heard of even more people who had problems with the site this time.

4 (edited by Oni.kage 2017-06-18 01:13:24)

Update:

BuyDoujin never responded to the claim and I was given a full refund by PayPal.

I would suggest people avoid this site. They seem very unreliable and there is no customer service whatsoever. Held my money for 2 months and I have nothing to show for it.

I wonder what happened to them because they used to be reliable.  I've made 3 or 4 purchases from them in the past and never had a problem.  I also received a reply in less than 24 hours the one time I sent them an email.  Truth be told, the only reason I didn't buy from them this time is because they didn't update their site until a few days after Reitaisai, and even after that the site went down for at least a few days if not longer so I just gave up on them.

6 (edited by parkeerwacht 2017-06-21 20:31:19)

BackBurner12 wrote:

I wonder what happened to them because they used to be reliable.  I've made 3 or 4 purchases from them in the past and never had a problem.  I also received a reply in less than 24 hours the one time I sent them an email.  Truth be told, the only reason I didn't buy from them this time is because they didn't update their site until a few days after Reitaisai, and even after that the site went down for at least a few days if not longer so I just gave up on them.

Indeed they used to be relaible. I ordered so many albums from them. the last order I placed in januari arrived almost fine. I got the wrong album. I Ordered IZAYOI from SOUND HOLIC but I recieved SYSTEMA SOLARE from ZYTOKINE. I contacted their support and a week later I got the correct album in the mail. (They didnt ask me to send the wrongly shipped album back)
Sadly the order I made over a month ago still didnt arrive... IT hasnt even been shipped... I dont think they are active anymore.

I guess I will also try to get a refund via paypal and order the albums I wanted elsewhere.

I guess you can't really keep a site like that alive when you only sell stuff from a handful of circles.

8 (edited by HalfDarkShadow 2017-06-22 01:35:58)

BackBurner12 wrote:

I guess you can't really keep a site like that alive when you only sell stuff from a handful of circles.

Where credits due, they definitely have more than "a handful" lol. Of course there's plenty more add, but I don't want to sell them short of what they have available thus far.

With that being said though, now I'm worried about my purchase lol. I've been ordering through them pretty frequently since they became a thing last year, and normally I don't receive anything until 1 to 2 ish weeks, almost a month tops. In my experience, the longer ones were between larger events so I figured that was the case. But if course the one time I decide to do the cheapest shipping with no tracking, I see others here having difficulties.

Strange too since they're still updating their site with new albums and I did receive a confirmation email / bank was charged and such, so I guess I'll cross my fingers. Its only 11 business days out of 20 so I'm going to hold out until then before getting in contact and see what's up.

HalfDarkShadow wrote:
BackBurner12 wrote:

Where credits due, they definitely have more than "a handful" lol. Of course there's plenty more add, but I don't want to sell them short of what they have available thus far.

They have 18 circles (might be off by a couple of numbers, but it's less than 20 for sure), and that's if you count SOUND HOLIC twice since it's separate from SOUND HOLIC feat. 709sec.  I can't call that more than a handful to be honest.  They also always talked about how they're gonna add new circles, but when was the last new one added?  It's been months if not a year.  That may not be their fault, but it's bad for business regardless.

I'll give them credit for trying to make this stuff available for overseas buyers, but when you have a royal fuck up like this one, it's hard to gain people's trust again.  I do hope that everyone who ordered from them is able to get their CDs or at least get a refund.

BackBurner12 wrote:
HalfDarkShadow wrote:
BackBurner12 wrote:

They have 18 circles (might be off by a couple of numbers, but it's less than 20 for sure), and that's if you count SOUND HOLIC twice since it's separate from SOUND HOLIC feat. 709sec.  I can't call that more than a handful to be honest.  They also always talked about how they're gonna add new circles, but when was the last new one added?  It's been months if not a year.  That may not be their fault, but it's bad for business regardless.

I'll give them credit for trying to make this stuff available for overseas buyers, but when you have a royal fuck up like this one, it's hard to gain people's trust again.  I do hope that everyone who ordered from them is able to get their CDs or at least get a refund.

I agree, I have talked to paypal on the phone, since I had a problem with logging in etc. I also asked them about the issue and they will investigate the issue. the person said, they will try to contact buydoujin and ask if they can deliver proof that the items have been send out, or a valid reason why it hasnt been shipped etc with proof of course. If buydoujin cannot dilever such proof they will give me a full refund.

Well this is interesting:

http://i.imgur.com/5mwsLrp.jpg

I can't help but wonder what happened. Did the website operators get abducted by aliens?

Oni.kage wrote:

Well this is interesting:

I can't help but wonder what happened. Did the website operators get abducted by aliens?

Works for me, but I know for a fact that this happened not too long ago, probably around 2-4 weeks time. I was quite surprised that it happened, but also that the site came back online without really any explanation why the store was shut down for weeks.