1 (edited by Ohka 2015-12-11 13:17:00)

Topic: .tak to flac?

I searched for this topic and didn't find it so I'm creating one.

I have a problem, I downloaded cd in .tak file with .cue, .TAG.cue and .TAK.cue. Now I'm struggling with converting it to flac or other loseless format, but didn't find anything. Do you have any program to recommend or something? Thanks in advance,

Re: .tak to flac?

I could only recommend dBpoweramp. It's a paid software but worth every penny.

Signature image too large. Please read the image rules. - Staff

foobar2000 can decode TAK with this plugin, then you can just use it's converter to convert it to whatever format you want (for FLAC you need to supply the FLAC command line binary).

Thanks a lot!

Or you can download the decoder from the author of TAK, which will output a .wav file.

Or you know, use the nuclear-powered swiss army knife (ffmpeg)

https://31.media.tumblr.com/e628dc5d50817c9fc9a0748f8732a043/tumblr_mju1guImSN1s18jw9o3_250.gif

(ffmpeg)

Disclaimer: never go into avconv.
It's a stupid concept.
ffmpeg is the original and is still better.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/e628dc5d50817c9fc9a0748f8732a043/tumblr_mju1guImSN1s18jw9o3_250.gif

For us Linuxians, ffmpeg is the way to go

(fuck avconv/libav, those guys are traitors and poisoned Debian with their unholy fork)

But bear in mind three things:

1) Support for TAK was added not that long ago (IIRC, it was merged somewhere around last year), so make sure to use a up-to-date binary. Or  even better - if you do Linux, build your own from scratch and screw whatever crippled/outdated garbage your distro ships.
2) Decoding might be slow, dunno how optimized is the ffmpeg TAK decoder
3) Things like embedded CUEsheets are a pain for transfering (at least ffmpeg will print it to stdout, but then have fun copying that from a console - if your shell-fu is awesome-ninja-enough, well, you might devise a method for taking that embedded CUE and splitting and stuff), and you might even lose some metadata. Be careful with that.

tomman wrote:

For us Linuxians, ffmpeg is the way to go

(fuck avconv/libav, those guys are traitors and poisoned Debian with their unholy fork)

But bear in mind three things:

1) Support for TAK was added not that long ago (IIRC, it was merged somewhere around last year), so make sure to use a up-to-date binary. Or  even better - if you do Linux, build your own from scratch and screw whatever crippled/outdated garbage your distro ships.
2) Decoding might be slow, dunno how optimized is the ffmpeg TAK decoder
3) Things like embedded CUEsheets are a pain for transfering (at least ffmpeg will print it to stdout, but then have fun copying that from a console - if your shell-fu is awesome-ninja-enough, well, you might devise a method for taking that embedded CUE and splitting and stuff), and you might even lose some metadata. Be careful with that.

ffmpeg works just fine with a custom apache install on cygwin tongue
I use that actively too

I had the same issue before. Then found a program named Bigasoft Audio Converter Mac. I converted the TAK to ogg and flac. What's more, it is easy to split TAK
and other lossless audio by cue file. Here is the guide on how to convert tak to flac. http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/tak-to … v-mp3.html

Yeah, some audio converters can achieve this like Format Factory, Video Converter Factory, Foobar2000 or other top converters

13 (edited by Incuriousity 2015-12-10 23:52:24)

If you want to convert single file with cue sheet to multiple track foobar2000 is the easiest solution. Just open the cue sheet and then select all the track then convert it to format that you like. The product will be multiple track

I will think about tomorrow's problem tommorow

marlene_shepard09 wrote:

I had the same issue before. Then found a program named Bigasoft Audio Converter Mac. I converted the TAK to ogg and flac. What's more, it is easy to split TAK
and other lossless audio by cue file. Here is the guide on how to convert tak to flac.

mxf converter free download to convert HD video audio

In this tunes list: ... what's more, brimming with adoration with passionate dismal melodies verses in Hindi that you truly .old hindi songs