Re: Mildly Official Sendoff Thread for Everybody

Zyl wrote:

Ctrl+F5 might help.

Oh I see it now.

https://i.imgur.com/qkATt64.png

Had a great few years here. Long live the discord server! Thank you guys for putting up with my bullshit.

Peace out.

BTE= Bisexual Transgender Emo

the end of an era

Look through my
https://puu.sh/vlEnh/4ca6e52a9f.png

Makoto wrote:

the end of an era

The beginning of a brave new world

BoundToEarth wrote:
Makoto wrote:

the end of an era

The beginning of a brave new world

now fuck

Well, it was fun while it lasted. I'll always have a lot of memories from here, both good and bad. I just hope this kind of internet culture survives for others to experience for themselves.

Nep Nep wrote:

Shut up Pedo

Lazy Miko wrote:

Well, it was fun while it lasted. I'll always have a lot of memories from here, both good and bad. I just hope this kind of internet culture survives for others to experience for themselves.

It would be cool but it seems like forum posting is on the decline and The Social Media Experience™ is taking off in 2018 more strongly than before, especially since it adds the ease of filtering what you do not want to see and blocking people from presenting content that offends your sensibilities.

https://i.imgur.com/qkATt64.png

34 (edited by tomman 2018-01-13 16:08:17)

Quoting myself from another thread here:

Well, it's sad to see another community switch to yet another proprietary messaging service AKA Discord, which I refuse to use for oh-so-many reasons (the main one being having to install yet another bloated proprietary client "app" meant mainly for cellphones and high-end PCs). I don't get why the insane love for Discord (or Slack/Whatsapp/etc) - the trend of moving to those proprietary junk is alarming to someone used to standards that work everywhere (namely: forums, IRC)

To me this change equals DoujinStyle being dead for good - I'm not going to install Discord just to contribute or participate on the community (and yes, while I haven't been that active here, I've shared quite some of my time and stuff over here, really liked the place enough to register on the forum and post). C'est la vie hmm

Also, fuck Discord forever.

I guess the more people switch to social media walled gardens and "no 3rd-party clients ever allowed" proprietary cellphone junk means I'll end being completely isolated from the Internet at some point in the not-so-distant future sad

Don't worry. You can be isolated with the rest of us who refuse to switch.

We'll make our own forum. With blackjack, and...

"If you give a man a bullet, he'll want a gun. If you give a man a gun, he'll be the one giving out the bullets."

I made an account here to fulfill a request I saw but had been lurking for a little while before that, after that I mostly just posted in the event previews since I wanted to promote circles I rarely saw being mentioned. I really don't know what the new DS will be like when it comes to stuff like event preview posts since I've never used discord but I'll probably at least take a look around RTS15 and see if there's any reason to contribute, otherwise I guess that's it.

I got to meet some neat people here but more than that I really enjoyed reading what people here had to say about things, I can still contact the people I've already talked to but I'll miss reading posts by all the people I never really interacted much with.

Also, is the "Shut up Pedo" thing some kind of inside joke, I'm very confused, this is still the quiet place (not that getting insta banned matters now).

I don't do much worth mentioning, but I do contribute to the doujin music side of the Touhou Wiki (My profile) whenever I have the time. (my uploads)

It is kind of an inside joke, but yeah I'm not sure what it's doing here.

"If you give a man a bullet, he'll want a gun. If you give a man a gun, he'll be the one giving out the bullets."

Yup mildly an inside joke

well that was short-lived lmao

40 (edited by kr is nothing 2018-01-14 10:01:49)

Like dust I stay in your house forever. Bwwhaaha. What I learn is to be your true self in Ds and you bet you'll go towards the right path.

Dust

I had contemplated writing what you're about to read (or not) for about a half hour. I felt like typing this anyway, although I'm sure most of the people who frequent here don't know who I am. My original name was Burning Star IV for those who ARE here that know who I am. This may sound more of a serious tone, but don't read too much into it. It's also late, so I am just going to ramble here. I used to lurk here every once in a blue moon, just to see what's going on. This is my first time lurking this year. I discovered the site is pretty much going forumless and just be an archive. I thought I'd log on, dive in, and give a last thought. It's also a little bit more of my history here as well. Some "memory lane" stuff for me. Some of this may sound a bit cliche, fair warning.

I discovered this site back when I used to lurk Desuchan a lot. I was a huge fan of Rozen Maiden. Still am. Their /touhou/ section was where i eventually got heavily into Touhou Project. I wound up here. I downloaded official games as well as other doujins and goods. It was a hell of a time. These days, Desuchan is pretty much dead. Just like this place pretty much is and is about to be.

I joined the forums around the time holy decided to make this more of a forum atmosphere than just a depository of downloads. This was somewhere around 10 years ago, I think. I figured I'd join and see if I could meet some new people and share my love for a game series that was unusual for a genre that I loved so much. I wasn't quite in the same peer group as most of the people who posted here, but I still had a great time. Eventually, I developed other interests beyond Touhou through being on the first generation of these forums. Other shows, games, and doujins were discovered through the people here that I might have never tried out before. Maplestory was a prime example of this. I've met quite a few people that I kept in contact with and meme'd with for quite a few years. Two of the people I met here became great friends of mine. I'm still in contact with them to them to this day. I've even met one of them in person not too long ago.

This was one of the few forums that I felt like I "belonged" to. I don't post much on other forums. I still don't to this day, with the exception of one computer forum. For the most part, everyone got along. No one was perfect though. I did make a couple of enemies but I usually kept to myself and the friends I established. I can still remember the original ATTN: Bowsyordo thread that snowballed into a massive role play thread, that just seemed to...just...happen. It was a massive mess, but a fun one. That's what the Mental Shift (or whatever the name of it was changed to for that week or month) was all about.

When the site was redone, many of the originals I knew didn't come back. Some did. However, many of them were different to me. I kind of moved on here and there. Even creating this account later on didn't help keep my interest to this forum. I still play Touhou Project games. I still read and play other doujins as well. I'll always remember here as a stomping grounds.

I don't really know people's general feelings here, whether people are happy or not the forums are going away. To me, it's a part of my life that will always be there even if the site itself might not be exactly the same. These forums were important to me in those late 2000s.

There wasn't much of a point to all of this, but I just felt like if I was going to send this place off on a personal level, I could come full circle with my nostalgia of this place. And believe me, this place has come full circle from when I first joined it.

Good bye, DS. It's been surreal.

Tfw I remember and can relate.

http://i.imgur.com/QDLXRNY.png