Re: Mildly Official Sendoff Thread for Everybody

Zyl wrote:

Ctrl+F5 might help.

Oh I see it now.

https://i.imgur.com/qkATt64.png

Had a great few years here. Long live the discord server! Thank you guys for putting up with my bullshit.

Peace out.

BTE= Bisexual Transgender Emo

the end of an era

Look through my
https://puu.sh/vlEnh/4ca6e52a9f.png

Makoto wrote:

the end of an era

The beginning of a brave new world

BoundToEarth wrote:
Makoto wrote:

the end of an era

The beginning of a brave new world

now fuck

Well, it was fun while it lasted. I'll always have a lot of memories from here, both good and bad. I just hope this kind of internet culture survives for others to experience for themselves.

Nep Nep wrote:

Shut up Pedo

Lazy Miko wrote:

Well, it was fun while it lasted. I'll always have a lot of memories from here, both good and bad. I just hope this kind of internet culture survives for others to experience for themselves.

It would be cool but it seems like forum posting is on the decline and The Social Media Experience™ is taking off in 2018 more strongly than before, especially since it adds the ease of filtering what you do not want to see and blocking people from presenting content that offends your sensibilities.

https://i.imgur.com/qkATt64.png

34 (edited by tomman 2018-01-13 16:08:17)

Quoting myself from another thread here:

Well, it's sad to see another community switch to yet another proprietary messaging service AKA Discord, which I refuse to use for oh-so-many reasons (the main one being having to install yet another bloated proprietary client "app" meant mainly for cellphones and high-end PCs). I don't get why the insane love for Discord (or Slack/Whatsapp/etc) - the trend of moving to those proprietary junk is alarming to someone used to standards that work everywhere (namely: forums, IRC)

To me this change equals DoujinStyle being dead for good - I'm not going to install Discord just to contribute or participate on the community (and yes, while I haven't been that active here, I've shared quite some of my time and stuff over here, really liked the place enough to register on the forum and post). C'est la vie hmm

Also, fuck Discord forever.

I guess the more people switch to social media walled gardens and "no 3rd-party clients ever allowed" proprietary cellphone junk means I'll end being completely isolated from the Internet at some point in the not-so-distant future sad

Don't worry. You can be isolated with the rest of us who refuse to switch.

We'll make our own forum. With blackjack, and...

"If you give a man a bullet, he'll want a gun. If you give a man a gun, he'll be the one giving out the bullets."

I made an account here to fulfill a request I saw but had been lurking for a little while before that, after that I mostly just posted in the event previews since I wanted to promote circles I rarely saw being mentioned. I really don't know what the new DS will be like when it comes to stuff like event preview posts since I've never used discord but I'll probably at least take a look around RTS15 and see if there's any reason to contribute, otherwise I guess that's it.

I got to meet some neat people here but more than that I really enjoyed reading what people here had to say about things, I can still contact the people I've already talked to but I'll miss reading posts by all the people I never really interacted much with.

Also, is the "Shut up Pedo" thing some kind of inside joke, I'm very confused, this is still the quiet place (not that getting insta banned matters now).

I don't do much worth mentioning, but I do contribute to the doujin music side of the Touhou Wiki (My profile) whenever I have the time. (my uploads)

It is kind of an inside joke, but yeah I'm not sure what it's doing here.

"If you give a man a bullet, he'll want a gun. If you give a man a gun, he'll be the one giving out the bullets."

Yup mildly an inside joke

well that was short-lived lmao

40 (edited by kr is nothing 2018-01-14 10:01:49)

Like dust I stay in your house forever. Bwwhaaha. What I learn is to be your true self in Ds and you bet you'll go towards the right path.

Dust